Tek is the man.
Bay is great.
Lowrie is rad.
Off to celebrate…
It would have been great to close out this series last night. Like really great. Even better if we had done it before going into extra innings…
Because frankly…the Angels worry me. They play small ball better than anyone, and right now, the middle of their lineup is like Sarah Palin unstopable (well, before the Couric interviews anyhow).
And if there are any of you out there who are not worried, then God bless you. You must be fairly new to Red Sox Nation. Because, having been a Red Sox fan for quite some time, I’m NEVER completely confident. You’d think that the paranoia and fear of us blowing it would have subsided after ’04 and ’07, but it hasn’t.
I’m sure there are people out there who said after we won the first two games of the series, that we “owned” the Angels, and that we were coming back to Fenway, and we had it all wrapped up. But consider this: over the course of this season, we have lost 3 games in a row a total of 7 times. And one of those times just so happened to be against the Angels (at home).
But time to jump off the Zakim, this is not. There is a great deal of hope for tonight’s game. We have Jon Lester on the mound, and I for one, am confident that Pedroia will eventually have his “big” game. Though…in fairness, I told many of my fellow Front Office employees, that last night was going to be that game…
I’m not saying it is time to panic, but you might be wise to hold off booking your flights to Philadelphia or L.A. for now…
We still have one more to win…hopefully tonight. If for no other reason than the fact that I selfishly really need the sleep, and don’t know if I can do a game 5 on the West Coast.
For what it’s worth, I’m predicting (and obviously based on my prediction last night, this should be held with a great deal of skepticism), that Pedroia will knock in Lowrie for the game winning run tonight – on a wall ball double.
Anybody else have any predictions??
All the best from a very anxious Front Office,
PS – I just got word that the Ceremonial First Pitch for tonight will be thrown out by a former Red Sox ALDS hero…
Sorry, that’s all the comment I can muster
at this point.
Blogger’s Note: The first pitch for tonight’s game has changed to 7:27pm.
I think I can speak for all of us when I say, thank goodness the team is back on the east coast! I wound up staying up so late for those west coast games, that my eyes started twitching the following days. Not a great visual, I know…
Anyhow, the Front Office is pretty quiet right now, but should start getting pretty busy over the course of the next couple of hours, as people start heading in to work.
Personally, I just wish it were 7:27 already…
I’m anxious to see how Beckett does tonight. And those pesky Angels always scare me with their scrappy play and small ball ways.
Anyhow, I don’t have any pre-game ceremony updates yet, but I hope to be able to get the inside scoop at some point soon!
All the best from inside the Front Office!
A few random thoughts on last night’s game:
1. As I’m sure many of you did, I felt so bad for Jed, and was praying the game didn’t come down to that error.
2. Jacoby being “playoff Jacoby”???! – I sure hope so, because that’s a great way to kick start our offense.
3. I don’t know why Lackey threw Bay anything other than an outside curveball, but I’m sure glad he did.
4. Love Masterson setting up Papelbon. Even when he got into some trouble, I felt pretty confident.
5. Amazing play by Youk to get Vlady out at third. You really have to watch the replay a few times to really appreciate how great of a play that really was. In particular, watch the way he scoops up the ball (in a singular motion), gets to his feet and hits Lowell in plenty of time. In an odd way, that play reminded me of when Ortiz threw out Jeff Supan in the 2004 World Series. Game changing play.
6. Lester is the man.
7. 10 wins away!!!